Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Personal Note

Hi All!



Today is a special day, we remember all the victims of the 2nd World War
and tomorrow we celebrate the liberation of The Netherlands
My parents were kids in WWII, but especially my dad had a hard time during the hunger winter
and seeing his Jewish schoolmates disappear from school to never see them again

As long as I can remember we always stood still at the remembrance of tonight
At 20.00 everyone here is silent for 2 minutes to remember all the victims of war 

Since my parents died, it's also a personal remembrance and kind of emotional

I hope I will never see war here in the Netherlands and I hope one day
the whole world will be free of war, intolerance & violence

Nothing to do with makeup, but I felt the need to share

Warm hugz


No comments:

Post a Comment